Back to the original Mother Hen

With the Mother Hen Needle Book finished, I have started back on the original, larger version of the design. You can just see it in the top right corner of the picture.


You will notice the larger design is mirrored to the needle book- or rather, I had to mirror the needle book otherwise you would be opening it at the tail of hen and that somehow felt and looked really wrong :-).


The larger version needs detached pieces for leaves and flowers, as well as the wing and head for the hen and I managed to finish all those elements this week.


I only need four of the periwinkle flowers, but I am going to try an attach them in a way, I have not done before, so I have embroidered four, just in case it doesn't work.
They are stitched in just two shades of silk (Au ver a Soie, Soir d'Alger 4912 and 4913). In the photo, the flower on the left still needs the blanket stitch around the edges.


The six leaves were a bit tedious. They have wired edges, so I can shape them later and are all stitched exactly the same way with the same colour combination.


I usually use a variety of greens for leaves, but for this design, I feel they all need to be the same. I am glad they are done now. At least they are quite small (as the pin for comparison shows).


I still need to embroidery the four little chickens, the raised petals for the two buds above the hen and the hen's tail and body. It is my goal to get it finished in the coming week... we'll see how I go.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Anna X


Comments

  1. You show us such ingenious methods, for embroidereing your artwokrs, Anna, I'm in awe for your techniques!! Of some of them I've never heard of, but, of course, I'm not such an experienced needle artist as you are ;). Mother Hen will be so beautiful when ready. I love seeing the periwinkle flowers and how you made the (tedious) leaves, their colors look just as the flowers/leaves like they do in real life.
    I can't wait to see more of your work, it's absolutely gorgeous. And I'm always enjoying to see your WIP. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna, your hen is so sweet! And the leaves with the wire edges are ingenious! I am looking forward eagerly to seeing how these parts come together! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, this is utterly charming. It's a lot of work but will be a very treasured needle book when finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts