Sunday Stitches

After taking Tilly to dog training this morning and spending a couple of hours in the garden, my plan was to finish the diagrams for the Apple Thief crewel project, but I really, really, really felt like doing a bit of stitching, so picked up one of my 'Out & About' pieces instead.


I started this one on the drive to Arkaroola about a month ago (let's blame the blurry photo on the gravel road...)
I call them my 'Out & About' because they start life as my 'doodle' stitching when I am away. Usually, I pile a small bit of fabric, small hoop and whatever threads catches my eye in a bag.. usually about 5 min before I head out the door, so there is not a lot of thought going into it LOL.


I hadn't really done much on this little piece (approx 10cm (4") square) since we got back but last week I found this lovely thread. It is a stranded silk from Colour Streams, appropriately called 'Uluru' the indigenous and proper name for Ayers Rock. 


One of the ideas behind these 'Out & About' pieces is only to use threads from my stash (believe me, there is plenty to choose from!) but I simply could not resist this one, the colouring is just perfect and inspired me to pick the little piece back up.


I added just a single little hill, not sure I will use any more for this one... time will tell. I am quite excited now to get back to work on it.

'Out & About, Koh Samui' 
When the main colours are finished, I will be adding a drizzle of gold sparkle, similar to my last little piece (Started on my last trip to Thailand). It won't need much...

'Out & About, Koh Samui' Detail
... just enough to make the colours pop.


REMINDER

Don't forget the Handmade with Love Super Bundle goes ON SALE tomorrow for one week only!!!

Even if are not one bit interested in the Handmade with Love Super Bundle, you might still like to ENTER the GIVE AWAY to win one of 20 amazing prizes. It is as easy as:
1. Choose your category...
       2. Enter your name and email address...
                3. Sit back and wait to see if you win.

But don't leave it - Entries close tonight.

I look forward to (finally) be able to tell you about the MORE than 50 amazing patterns, tutorial and other goodies.

I hope you too are enjoying a lovely, stitchy Sunday afternoon.

Best Stitches,
Anna x


Comments

  1. I might win? Wow!! Linda Granger 1961girl@gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ola lindo trabalho muito criativo adorei ,parabéns e boa semana bejs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucia - I hope you have a lovely week also.

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful and pretty. It’s amazing how quick decisions can be so effective, especially after spending so much time on bigger pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts