Bits & Pieces

If there is one thing I really, really, really don't like it is doing paperwork! I keep putting it off until 'tomorrow' or 'the next day' or 'next week' until the pile is massive and it takes me ages to plough through it all - each time promising myself never ever to let it happen again.. Sigh, but I did it again!
I have spend almost all day steadily working my way through it and now it is done... happy dance!

After that, I just have to do something nice and enjoyable, like having a chat...

I have been doing bits & pieces since my last post, including an teeny, weeny bit of stitching and just wanted to show you some of what I have been up to...


I have been writing the instructions and drawing diagrams for my latest goldwork project. It is almost ready to go to the printers so I can begin to put the kits together. I am thinking of calling it 'Twilight Sonnet'.. what do you think? I would love to hear your suggestions, as you know I am absolutely hopeless at naming anything...

... well not everything. This one is 'Rose Hips' I started this new crewel project and am really enjoying stitching something a little bigger and easier after the gold bird.


I stitched all last night, which was just wonderful.


Only the top flower and the tendril that forms the ground are left to do. I should be able to finish it this week...


... and I have been going around in circles. Literally!
I am having so much fun with trying to stitch each circle differently. I must admit it is not as easy as I thought it might be.
So far I have used: Blanket stitch (surprise, surprise) in various ways, Chain stitch, Detached chain, French knots, Feather stitch, Stem stitch, Satin stitch and Twisted chain stitch... not sure what to try next?


Last week I showed you how some of the other Stitch Trees are coming along. This is how mine is looking. I have no idea what I will do with it when it is finished - for now, I am simply enjoying stitching it.

Best Stitches,
Anna X




Comments

  1. I love your work. Recently retired I am now enjoying doing and learning lots of different needle techniques. Planning to go to a retreat in Prince Edward Island this summer. I will be following your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, I really loved your creativity, you are amazing embroidery maker. I hope you keep sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've already come up with more ideas for your circles than I would have! I like the name Twilight Sonnet. I have a terrible time coming up with names for my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, I really loved your creativity, you are amazing embroidery maker. I hope you keep sharing your talent with us.
    farmhouse christmas pillow covers
    hallmark christmas ornaments

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts