Happy Shiny New Year

Hello all, I hope you have all enjoyed a lovely and peaceful festive season with family and loved ones. I certainly did. 


Both our boys and their girlfriends were home for dinner on Christmas Eve  which is always a really special night to me. As much as I miss having little children around at Christmas time, it is so nice to sit around the table, enjoying the company, conversation and a some good laughs with your grown-up and (for the most part) civilised  kids.
The advantage of celebrating Christmas Eve is that we get to have a bit of a sleep-in on Christmas day, before enjoying a BBQ lunch with extended family on a scorching, almost 40 degree (104F) day! No other excuses needed for a cool drink or two.

I could tell you that I have no idea where December went, but that would not be true. I know exactly where it went – I was super busy. When I stopped being busy, I went to Thailand to teach for a week - oh, how I love these trips. Always lots of fun being with my sweet Thai friends. Getting back, just before Christmas, I got busy catching up on all the ‘stuff’ around the house and garden that I had not had time to do while I was busy…. I am pretty sure you all know that feeling of ‘catching up’.
So a deep breath and few days of recharging my batteries have been warmly welcomed. The feeling of getting out of bed in the morning and doing what I felt like doing, no 'must does' in sight, have been just wonderful and much needed.

So here I am, kind of having caught my breath and kind of (almost) all tidy and sorted, ready to dive into this shiny New Year.
I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope 2017 will be a wonderful, bright and peaceful year.

Anna x

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you too .Lets hope for a more peaceful one too ....with lots of time to stitch and play with threads :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts