Drawing threads

It has been a long time since I have done any embroidery that involved drawn threads.


During the past few days, I have been playing around with a small sampler and thoroughly enjoyed it. As much I appreciate the beauty and diversity of drawn, pulled and cut whitework techniques, it just seems to be something I don't tend to do a lot of. 


Not because I don't enjoy doing it... There is something really relaxing and satisfying by placing regular stitches in a particular rhythm and completely change the texture and appearance of a piece of cloth... 


...purposely creating holes to form a pattern without the fabric falling to pieces is rather fascinating really.

So while I have been stitching away quite contently, I have been wondering why I don't do it more often... and more importantly conjuring up ideas of what I could, would and possibly might do to incorporate drawn threads into future projects.


It as been such a joy - all there is left to do is a very, very good press and a few little finishing touches... and then.... well time will tell. As usual it is not the ideas that are lacking just the sad fact that each day only contains 24 hours....

Happy stitching,
Anna X

Comments

  1. This is my favorite type of embroidery right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Anna. And so true about the 24 hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I know what you mean about the rhythm of drawn work, it is very satisfying and almost meditative. I too love how two such simple and easily available materials - white thread and white fabric - can be combined for such an interesting effect and also that what your eye is drawn to is the holes between the stitches! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    These last days have been a lot of work and bustle here. My visits to your blog were quick and, for the most part, silent.
    I intend to take advantage of these days to withdraw revise calmly friends.
    I could not help writing to you wishing happy holidays, good health and happiness with his family.
    Happy and holy Christmas to you and your family!
    Hugs!
    Egléa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Christmas and a creative New Year to you ! : ) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy New Year 2016, Anna!
    (I love drawn threads as well)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts