Oh my....

... to my surprise, I just realised that today is my 100th post. It is hard to believe and I think it is time for me to let you in on a little secret.
When I started this, I was really, really unsure about it. I wasn't why I was doing it, or if I could think of anything to write about, or if I would be able to keep at it, or - the most scary part - if anyone would even be the least bit interested. I am hugely grateful to all of you who pop by from time to time and are kind enough to take an interest in my ramblings. You have helped make this little spot in cyberspace incredibly special to me.
It wasn't until I started to write this post that I realised that it is a bit of a milestone, so I haven't prepared anything special. All I can give is an enormous and heartfelt Thank You for being part of my stitching world.

As for the stitching....



It might not look like much but Brother Rabbit is coming along nicely and I have finished the four detached leaves. These are a little different to those I did for the Sweet Honeysuckle - see how the new leaves don't have the same distinct outline?


These new leaves, only have wire along  the  centre vein, unlike the honeysuckle leaves that were wired all the way around. Why? well mostly because trying to get really nice sharp points in the wire to create those lobed edges would be close to impossible to get neat.
I know that even though there is not wire along the edges - that by using a slightly heavier wire along the vain there will still be enough hold to shape the leaves away from the surface.


To get avoid the distinct edge, the satin stitch is worked into the purl edge of the blanket stitch outline - it making it look almost like a continues stitch. If  you want to see how they are done I have put a How To Here.

I have started embroidering the rabbit's body and am really keen to get that finished... so back to the needles for me.

Have a wonderful week,
Anna x

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post! Looking forward to the next 100 posts and more of your beatiful embroidery and thoughts about embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ellaine - I'd better sharpen that.... keyboard?? x

      Delete
  2. Well done on your 100 posts. I have so enjoyed reading your thoughts on embroidery. The links to things that have inspired you have also been a 'pay it forward' inspiration. All the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Anna. I'm thinking about starting a blog myself and your initial concerns match my current concerns. At some point I'll just have to dive in I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only discovered your blog recently, but I'm glad you're still posting as your work is beautiful and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much enjoy your blog -- your stitchery is inspiring! Congratulations on your 100th post. I love the eye candy and appreciate that you share your techniques and projects with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th post. Please do not underestimate the joy that you bring to those of us who love to read others blog's (even if we don't have one ourselves!). There is such inspiration and pleasure in see what wonderful and talented folk like yourself do. I love to embroid and do not do it nearly as often as would be nice to, but am inspired by the beauty of your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you, I'm so glad to have found your blog! It is beautiful and inspirational...those leaves are just perfect, I love the colours you have chosen. Can't wait to see the bunny! Here's to your next 100 posts! :-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts