Hello 2014

I love the start of January! The feeling of rounding off what was and looking towards what the new year will bring. You just never quite know do you, and I like that.

At the same time I always wonder just exactly where the past 12 months went and it is nice to be able to wander back through the months that past - it does appear that I kept rather busy!

I stitched - a lot!

Goldwork in JANUARY  'Spring Daisy' 
Crewel work in FEBRUARY 
Was challenged by Punto Antico in MARCH
Relaxed with Wool embroidery in APRIL...
...and finished 'Blue Birds and Berries' design by Nicola Jarvis in APRIL
More Crewel Work in MAY
Stumpwork in JUNE

a FREE give-away in JULY
More Crewel Work in AUGUST
1st Birthday in SEPTEMBER
New Ideas for Crewel Work in OCTOBER
Finished Stumpwork for classes in NOVEMBER
Played with stitched in DECEMBER

I designed...
Mood board for 'Sweet Honeysuckle'

I grew the shop - and packed kits...


'Blue Petals' Crewel Work kit

But most importantly - I watched the seasons change...


enjoyed time with family and friends - and made time me to appreciate the simple things...

Unexpected visitors
Quiet walks
Beautiful landscapes
Picking flowers in the garden

Apart from my computer spending time at the computer hospital with a nasty virus, I have a really good feeling about 2014. I feel more than ready to dive in with plans, dreams, changes to make and ideas to try out that I am certain will make the next 12 months fly by just as fast as the past year did.

I love your company here and feel so grateful to have met so many like-minded souls who share my passion for what can be created with just needle and thread. I hope you too will continue to enjoy your embroidery as much as I do.

Happy Stitching,
Anna x



Comments

  1. What a lovely variety! Looking forward to seeing what 2014 brings! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anna,
    I have enjoyed all of your blog posts in the past year and I am really looking forward to all that you show and share with us in 2014.
    Best wishes,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful blog - one of my favorites, and I have so enjoyed following your creative life this year. Looking forward to 2014! Be blessed :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful round up of the year! I'm looking forward to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to revisit the work you shared during the past year.Looking forward to your posts this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for taking the time to itemise all that you have done in 2013; lots of work but fun bits too.
    That is what it is all about! Looking forward to what is in store for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna I am wondering what you can tell me about the clamp/stand I can see in the "Goldwork in JANUARY 'Spring Daisy' " photo. Brand? Source?
    Cheers, Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea,
      The stand is my best friend 'Lowery'. It is the best thing I have ever invested in. I am not sure where you are in the world, but they are made in the UK and are readily available both in the UK, US and Aus. I can highly recommend them.

      Best stitches, Anna

      Delete
    2. Hi Anna
      Thanks for that. Easy to track down then here in sunny [insert groan here] Melbourne.
      : )

      Delete
    3. Hi Lea - if none of the Melbourne shops stock them, you can order from Country Bumpkin here in Adelaide. It is rather heavy, but so worth it. Stay cool :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Anna. Happy New Year! Loved this post of your year in review, you did a lot of embroidery last year... Glad to see you got some time out at the beach too though. Good luck with everything this year, exciting times ahead for you. Take care, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. On your blog post for 21st Oct 2013 you mentioned a slightly different method of making the 'loose' elements for a stumpwork piece. I looked on Jenny Adin-Christie's blog but could not find any directions.
    I must say when I have done stumpwork (admittedly not a lot) I found working the stitching with the wire 'in situ' was very frustrating; could you possibly tell me how it is done. Do I stitch all the long and short part of the element and then put the wired around?
    Please and thank you. I really enjoy reading your blog and watching your progress with your various projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to always stitch the wire outline in place first and then attach the wire around it after, which means you can easily create a bit of a void along inside edge of the wire. Swapping this order and filling in the shape before couching and covering the wire outline gives a much neater result. The reference to Jenny Adin-Christie was only because I became aware of this opposite order prior to reading some instructions for one of her projects. It had never occurred to me to do it that way around, now it seems so obvious LOL Good luck with your project.
      Anna

      Delete
    2. Thanks Anna for the information.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts