Colour play

I was surrounded by wool, packing crewel work kits last week.
Important note to self: Do not let all the kits in the shop run out at the same time ever, ever, ever again! Don't get me wrong - I am so grateful to all of you who have found my designs worth buying, Thank you!

Having said that, it is such a nice feeling to have them all packed and ready to go. I usually draw the designs onto the linen for all my crewel work kits and for most of them it is really quite easy but there is one that causes me a bit of grief each time. 'Jacobean Leaves' - the design is so intricate and it takes forever. Well, I decided to try and have had them printed this time and they look Amazing! Beautiful fine, light grey lines, I am so, so happy with the result.

(oops - looks like I should have pressed it! I was just too excited to show 
you and it didn't look that bad through the camera, sorry)

Talking of 'Jacobean Leaves', while I was packing it I kept looking at the colours. I don't often use a lot of yellow in my designs, but these particular shades of rich golden yellow are just so fabulous.


I couldn't help but wondering what would happen if I replaced the slightly soft greens with some brighter 'rain forest' shades and the denim blues with some happy turquoise...


... what do you think?

Anyway, I won't have time to test it this weekend - need to get on with the raised embroidery Sweet Honeysuckle and I am teaching Or Nue on Sunday, but I think it is worth giving it a go.

Have a fabulous weekend,
Anna X

Comments

  1. I really like the brighter colour combination, I think the foresty greens and turquoises play beautifully with the golds. If you DO off that colourway, let us know :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure will Michelle, just need to get a couple of other little stitching jobs out of the way first. My fingers are itching though ;-)

      Delete
  2. Saw your work on Flickr - amazing! I am now a fan and a follower :) Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Starr White - I was looking at your pics on Flickr too, what an amazing autumn world you live in.

      Delete
  3. I am almost finished with the original Jacobean Leaves, which has been so very rewarding to stitch. I will have to stitch again, I fear, if you offer the brighter colors (which I think would be so pretty and fun!). I helped deplete your shop, I'm afraid, but no regrets. Only delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you are having a nice time stitching Jacobean Leaves. I get a bit carried away trying new stitches at times so it is great to know others enjoy taking up the challenge. No regrets at this end either - only humble appreciation and a good excuse to keep stitching.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts