The dragonfly and pomegranate...

While I was writing about not knowing how to embroidery the dragonfly the other day, I suddenly realised exactly what I needed to do.


The body is overstretched pearl purl, with a soft blue-green silk wrapped into it. The thorax is stitched in padded satin stitch with the same colour silk and a couple of tiny gold beads makes the eyes.
The wings are stitched on a 'sandwich' of grey and crystal organza, with fine gold crossed stitched over top for added sparkle.


The wired leaves are cut out and added to the stem.


Now all that is left to do is get it into a frame and my dragonfly and pomegranate is finished.

Happy weekend.
Anna X

Comments

  1. Hi Anna....how beautiful .....is it just for you or will it be a kit? Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly will be a kit, Helen. The instruction booklet is already well underway.

      Delete
  2. Love it all especially those pomegranates Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mechele - the basic idea for the pomegranates is from Jane Nicholas books but with my little colour twist. I am glad you like them. x

      Delete
  3. It's just delightful Anna - you are such a great designer and embroiderer. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do amazing work. I love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am glad you enjoy it. x

      Delete
  5. beautiful! Especially the dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two are simple exquisite. What a treat for my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sr, Claire-Edith in JerusalemJuly 8, 2017 at 10:02 PM

    These are gorgeous. I'm very happy that the dragonfly and pomegranates will be a kit. How do you evaluate the difficulty level as opposed to the Sweet Honeysuckle stump work kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Claire-Edith. This design is similar to the Sweet Honeysuckle and many of the stitches and techniques are the same.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts