Before dawn

It was cool, but dry and somewhat sunny last weekend, so I spent a couple of hours in vineyard finishing the last bit of pruning.

 

 

I like pruning. Not that I spend as much time out there as I used to, but there is something very satisfying about sorting out the messy vines, getting them ready for the next season. As usual, I had my trusty 'helper' at my feet the whole time.

Most of the week was otherwise spent getting ready for my teaching trip to Rockhampton and Brisbane next weekend and other 'embroidery work stuff'. I also put two of my new patterns in the shop. The PDF pattern for the Cherry Blossom and the PDF pattern for the Cutwork Sachet are both now available and so is the few leftover Cutwork Sachet Kits.



I did manage a few more dots between all of that.


I am planning to fill the spaces between the dots with French knots, but before I can do that, I will need to embroider the background around those areas.


I have finished the first area with straight stitches. The space is too wide for satin stitch + I wanted it to sit quite flat against the fabric. The straight stitches are worked with two strands of cotton back and forth across the area, picking up just a single fabric thread at regular intervals.. so in a way it is more a variation of a running stitch, I guess.


I have started filling one of the larger areas with close rows of stem stitch. I love the finished look of stem stitch when it is used as a filling stitch, but boy is is a slow process!! I am alternating an acidic looking yellow green with a light golden tan. (Sorry about the blurry photo).


There is still quite a bit to do in this area, so it will take a few hours still to complete. Once I get into it, it is actually quite meditative.


I have still not decided which way is up for this little square...
I am calling it (Ideas?) Before Dawn - The bubbles are like those brilliant ideas you have in those last moments between dreaming and being awake only the minute you open your eyes, they burst like bubbles.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Anna X

Comments

  1. It is always lovely to see what you are up to Anna....we must catch up for a coffee one of these days!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cherry blossom is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts