Sunday, December 3, 2017

Finishing touches

I confess to being really, really terrible at finishing things...
As soon as the embroidery part of a project is finished I kind of loose interest and move onto the next thing - but today, I managed to work on the finishing touches of not just one, but three projects.

I FINISHED framing my Lyrebird.


Photographing through glass is not easy, but at least it gives you an idea what it looks like. I went to lace the piece up on Monday and it initially ended in, well not quite disaster, but in a bit of a heap. I had got the back board and padding ready a while back, but never got around to actually lace the piece. When I picked it up on Monday I didn't think to check that the size was right and just went right ahead to lace it up.
Attempt no. 1: when I went to put it in the frame and it was too big... So I undid it and laced it again. Attempt no. 2:  I had forgotten the flower spray at the top was much larger than the original piece, meaning the centre of the design had moved.... so I did it again and finally got it right.
Note to self: measure and check twice - lace once. LOL

I FINISHED the instruction booklet for my new little crewel work kit 'Apple Thief'.


The files went to the printer yesterday and I am dropping the fabric squares to my fabric printer tomorrow. Hopefully both will be ready by the end of the week.


The yarns have already arrived so I plan to get them sorted and ready while I wait for the printers.
I have placed the kits in the shop ready for you to order, and as soon as I have it all togehter.


I was just about to stick this one in a frame also - mostly because I couldn't think of what to do with it. It is a funny little size and off centre because I originally only intended to stitch the goat as a sample. Then I remembered I had this piece of burned red cotton - the perfect colour to match the apples, don't you think? I now have an idea for a super little (work) bag...  Stay tuned..

I FINISHED stitching my other little crewel work panel 'Rose Hips'.


I had the main flower still to do, but it didn't take that long and I am really pleased with how it turned out. I planning to use this one for 'Introduction to crewel embroidery workshops' so I have kept the number of different stitches fairly limited and uncomplicated in this piece and it has come together really neatly.


It went straight onto my cork board for blocking...


I can ponder what to do with it while it dries.

I also FINISHED tidying and cleaning my work room.... no photos though, by then it was too dark. Besides it is not very exciting, but very, very nice with a clean work surface, ready to start something new...
It has been a good Sunday!

I hope you too have had a lovely Sunday.
Best stitches,
Anna


Also FINISHING...
Just a quick reminder that the last day to get the Handmade with Love Super Bundle is Monday night. Yes, the sale ends tomorrow!!! If you have not already had done so, make sure you have a look HERE - just scroll down the page a bit for a complete list of the 200+ projects. It may not be your thing, but there are so many great projects to make and crafts to learn and explore in this bundle.. Or click HERE to place your order.








2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue flower looks stunning ..

    ReplyDelete