Changing colours

I hope you all had a relaxing break over Easter. We did.


I spend most of my time gazing at the view from the balcony - I mean, how can you not with a view like that? It is lovely calm bay and the colours of the sea, and the sky changes constantly. I love it most in the evening when the sun hits the rocks on the islands just out from us.


I did pack this project into my bag when we left for the beach house, but I must confess that it stayed there most of the weekend. Talking about colours, I was looking forward to stitching this one when picking out my favourite shades of teal and turquoise. With little splashes of raspberry pink, I was quite certain that it would be an easy one...


... but it seems that every time I think a project will be 'easy' and just flow, it does anything but. Parts are turning out nicely - like this little leaf. Though I am still not sure if I might change the curly tip to a different stitch.


The flower - (or is it a pomegranate perhaps?) is also on its way after a bit of 'reverse stitching' I am happy (I think) with how it looks... though the more I look at it the pale China blue may have to give way for a different shade.


... but overall - it is just not there! It will get there I am sure, but there is a little way yet. It is so frustrating to look at something and know it is not quite right, yet I cannot put my finger on what it is... I will let you know when I work it out.

Have a great week,
Anna

Comments

  1. Anna, I think the pomegranate? Is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always excited to see your next project, Anna, even those presenting you with puzzle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always excited to see your next project, Anna, even those presenting you with puzzle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's lovely, what is not quite right about it? Silly question, if you knew you would have told us. Maybe some yellow instead of brown to punch it up a bit?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts