Quietly stitching...

...blanket stitch leaves.


Two shades of green and the same stitch over and over - close together - gently changing the angle to follow the movement of each shape. There is something really nice and soothing about doing the same over and over.


A simple row of split stitches along one side, lifts the stitches ever so slightly off the surface. -  I don't think I will ever grow tired of that neat little edge that blanket stitch naturally creates.


Next, plump and fat flowers... and yes, you did spot bullion knots! Those who knows me, will also know that bullion knots and I are not the best of friends. Sometimes a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do and in this case there is no way getting around a few bullions. Breathe Anna, just breathe...

Happy Stitching,
Anna X

Comments

  1. A beautiful piece and thank you so much for the tip for the leaves : I will remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous. The hint about buttonhole stitch is a real winner. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my i just love the way you embroider. wish i had more time to do this....lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are very beautiful your leaves and I like the color combination of the flowers.I never was thinking about using blanket stitch for leaves but is very effective . Thanks for sharing this tip I will need some ... lots of practice to make it so nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind comments. It looks like a post on different blanket stitch leaves might be a good idea to inspire you all.
    Happy Stitching Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching the threads close together is really a creative idea as it gives a deeper shade to the pattern. I love your way of stitching. It may take some extra time to stitch closely but it definitely brings out a refreshing look. I am into embroidery from the last many years but never thought of such ideas. Will try and implement these into my designs too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts