It is a few days since I finished Brother Rabbit...
...I think it has come pretty close to how I pictured it in my head.
One of the best parts about this type of work is putting it all together at the end. After hours of fine stitching, attaching the various bits and pieces always seem rather quick and all of a sudden what didn't look like much is a finished piece.
What I have enjoyed the most about this project was the many different raised embroidery techniques I ended up using. It wasn't on purpose, I simply chose what I felt would work best as I went along.
If you have never made wrapped bead berries you should give it a go. It is super easy - you can see how to do it HERE.
If you want have a second look at how this piece came together you check out the posts here:
1. More than a year ago...
2. Stitching one year later
3. Surface embroidery complete
4. Detached leaves
5. Embroidering the rabbit
6. Finishing the rabbit
With Easter only a week away I will be very busy preparing the instructions next week. The threads are all ordered, so I'd better get a wriggle on.
I hope you will enjoy your weekend,